An experienced and caring surgeon.
With years of experience, expertise in a range of procedures and recognition in her field; you can be sure that under the care of Kallirroi Tzafetta you are in safe hands.
For over a decade, Ms Tzafetta has been changing her patient’s lives. After in-depth, personal consultations in her caring and approachable style, she has fixed noses, lifted faces, tucked tummies and enlarged or reduced breasts.
As a Consultant Plastic Surgeon within the NHS based at the renowned St Andrew’s Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns within Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford; Ms Tzafetta brings her expertise to patients needing reconstructive procedures following cancer removal or burns, as well as general plastic surgery.
Ms Tzafetta’s accomplishments include:
· Obtained her Medical Degree from the University of Athens.
· Fellow of the Royal College of Plastic Surgeons FRCS(plast).
· Member of the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
· Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
· On the GMC specialist register for plastic surgeons.
· Fellowship in microsurgery and facial paralysis surgery at The Microsurgical Research Centre at Eastern Virginia Medical School, USA.
· Awarded a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) from the University of Bradford, for her full-time research work on wound healing.
During her fellowship in Norfolk, Virginia Ms Tzafetta was awarded a grant from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) in the USA. This funding allowed her to undertake laboratory and clinical research on facial paralysis and the facial nerve. The results of her work were published in the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
The insights gained during this research meant that Ms Tzafetta was asked to co-author a chapter on facial reanimation in the textbook PLASTIC SURGERY: Indications and Practice (Elsevier).
An accomplished speaker, Ms Tzafetta is regularly invited to talk at conferences and other events, sharing her expertise in several areas including facial paralysis, facial reconstruction and wound healing.
Ms Tzafetta is a member of the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM) and the Sir Charles Bell Society for facial paralysis.